Nandos: Restaurant Manager (Secunda)
Nandos: Restaurant Manager (Secunda)
Job Title: Restaurant Manager (Patrao)
Job Type: Permanent
Reporting To: Area Manager
Location: Secunda, Mpumalanga, South Africa
- Be more than just a manager!
- Do you have fire in your belly and purpose in your heart?
- Do you pour all that you are into all that you do…. and have a little fun on the way?
- If so, the position will require you to safeguard the financial success of the restaurant by ensuring customer satisfaction and profitability in accordance with Nando’s Brand and operating standards.
- it will require you to manage a team of people, ensure quality of products served and service given as well as ensuring all brand regulations are met and exceeded.
Restaurant Manager Requirements:
- 3-4 years restaurant management experience
- Code 08 Drivers License
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage a group of people within a restaurant and kitchen.
- Excellent communication skills Knowledge of restaurant operations including people, product and customer processes
- Communication skills – both written and verbal
- Financial and business acumen
- Coaching and mentoring skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts regular one-on-one’s with employees, providing coaching, mentorship and guidance where appropriate.
- Implements corrective action, performance management or disciplinary processes for performance or disciplinary issues. Conducts performance reviews for Assistant and Junior Restaurant Managers (Patraos), including the development of their personal development plan.
- Prepares for and initiates disciplinary hearings where appropriate. Monitors behaviour in the restaurant to ensure that any form of abuse of is reported, addressed and followed up.
- Informs on and actions Department of Labour inspections and audits (including the HRBP).
- Creates a restaurant environment that fosters learning and development. Completes, submits and monitors payroll information in accordance with Nando’s policies and procedures.
- Manages restaurant activity to ensure excellent customer service and efficient operations.
- Monitors compliance to Nando’s brand and operational standards, operating requirements.
- Works with the Assistant Manager to resolve Escudo, Qpro and SOP queries. Addresses and rectifies identified breaches and operational directives.
- Conducts a weekly and period close GP count and calculation. Performs shift management duties for the casa as required. Conducts a weekly management meeting, reviewing and updating minutes and allocating tasks for the week ahead.
- Identifies and executes plans to improve the business following quarterly meeting with the Area Manager.
- Works with the Area Manager and Regional Facilities Manager to implement planned maintenance and minor capital projects.
- Works with the Loss Prevention Officer to identify and implement risk management and prevention controls.
- Provides input into the development of the restaurant budget, reviewing continuously, setting targets and managing adherence to established parameters.
- Maintains sound financial control of the restaurant in accordance to set financial parameters.
- Facilitates business growth by analysing income statements and monitoring business performance indicators on a regular basis. Manages income and expenditure to ensure the required return on sales/ conversion. Reviews and signs off on external delivery company invoices on a weekly basis.
- Review, investigate and resolves weekly cash shortage reports from Finance department.
- Reviews all accounts for accuracy on a monthly basis.
- Reviews the Brand touch point check on a quarterly basis and implements corrective action.
- Plans and executes quarterly CSI and community initiatives.
- Seeks opportunities to increase sales and to market and promote the casa.
- Builds relationships within the local community to drive large scale product orders (government, corporate, schools).
Closing Date: 23 July 2020