Nandos: General Manager (Central Region)
Nandos: General Manager (Central Region)
Job Title: General Manager (Central Region)
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference Number: NAN200715-1
Department: Regional Management
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Job Type: Permanent
- An exciting opportunity exist for a passionate and experienced General Manager to join the Nando’s SA operations leadership team, based in our Central Region, Johannesburg area.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for leading restaurant operations within the Central Region, driving continued excellence, growth and profitability whilst ensuring compliance to Nando’s Brand Standards.
General Manager (Central Region) Requirements
Education / Qualification:
- Degree or equivalent NQF level 7 qualification (Business Management, Hospitality Management).
- Preferred postgraduate qualification in related field (Honours, MBA).
- 4-6 years experience in senior management, managing multiple units or teams in a food-related or retail environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
People Management (Descriptor):
- Provides input into HR policy, strategy and frameworks – Conducts regular regional meetings with Area Managers and Patraos.
- Manages the IR climate of the business, in conjunction with the Area Managers, IR service providers and HR personnel, to mitigate risk and improve employee relations.
- Works with HR in dealing with grievances and disciplinary issues and ensures their effective implementation and management.
- Prepares and participates in recruitment, talent management and succession planning activities.
- Actively manages the performance and potential of their direct team, providing coaching, mentorship and leadership to support problem solving, assess productivity and recommend changes where required.
- Builds the capability of their direct team to analyse area level business trends and results as well as to coach, develop and manage the performance of their Patraos.
- Creates an engaged and motivated workforce by establishing an environment that fosters enjoyment, wellbeing and development.
- Oversees and ensures the demonstration of and living of Compass values and behaviours in the assigned region
Operations and Compliance Management (Descriptor):
- Monitors casa operations within the region to ensure alignment with corporate goals and operational objectives, including conducting regular site visits.
- Monitors identified breaches and operational directives within the region to ensure that these are rectified.
- Addresses and resolves customer complaints that have been escalated above Area Managers.
- Identifies, plans and executes areas for improvement to ensure a consistent positive service to customers and continuous trading in the event of disruptions.
- Works with the Loss Prevention Officer to identify and implement risk management and prevention controls in the region and contributes to the investigation process where required.
- Oversees planning and implementation for strategic and tactical projects, including new, relocation and revamp projects.
- Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives by identifying appropriate casas for operational trials and supporting the process through to completion.
- Collaborates with central support to assist casa operations and execute regional initiatives.
- Serves as the liaison between Area Managers and central support to ensure effective communication and coordination.
- Implements and enforces company regulations and ensures strict compliance with brand standards, operating policies and procedures as well as Occupational Health and Safety and other related legislation.
- Prepares, communicates and educates the region on changes in process, policies and practices and the implications thereof.
- Shares learnings and oversees the implementation of best practice across the casas within Restco.
- Works with the Strategic Projects Manager to successfully acquire new casas for the region, ensuring comprehensive due diligence and the implementation of Restco standards.
Marketing and Business Development (Descriptor):
- Develops and implements plans and strategies for growth within the region.
- Works with Marketing to identify and manage marketing activation and stimulate localised marketing initiatives.
- Monitors the implementation of national, regional and local marketing plans and initiatives.
- Identifies opportunities for relocation, enlargement and revamp.
- Identifies opportunities for new viable sites within the portfolio and informs the Property Department.
- Investigates the viability of potential acquisition sites within the region.
- Negotiates contracts and deals.
- Scans the macro, micro and regional environment to identify emerging trends that will affect the organisation.
- Monitors key business indicators and performance in the region to plan and forecast.
- Networks with government, corporates, competitors, suppliers and other key stakeholders to identify and leverage growth and improvement opportunities.
- Provides input into product and menu innovation ideas and campaigns.
- Works with the Property and Design and Development teams to investigate the viability of identified sites and presents the findings during Property Committee meetings.
Budget and Financial Management (Descriptor):
- Develops and maintains a budget for the region.
- Monitors adherence of the region to financial policies, processes and budgets.
- Reviews all financial reports for the region and ensures accuracy in reporting.
- Reports operational and financial risk to senior management for analysis and mitigation.
- Informs management of the status and implementation of programmes, services and quality initiatives.
- Reviews and approves day-to-day Capex expenditure – Reviews and approves ROI and Capex expenditure for relocation, enlargement and revamp opportunities.
Closing Date: 29 July 2020