Motsepe Foundation Bursary 2019 / 2020
About Motsepe Foundation
Patrice and Precious Motsepe (the Motsepe family) were the first family in Africa to join The Giving Pledge. The Giving Pledge is a commitment by the wealthiest individuals and families across the globe, to donate most of their wealth to philanthropy. The Giving Pledge was founded by Warren Buffet and Bill Gates, and since its inception, the Motsepe family have pledged half of their wealth to the poor.
The Foundation’s main objective is to improve the living standards of those living in poverty, as well as the unemployed and marginalised within the country. This will be done by various projects and initiatives that will help beneficiaries to become independent and self-sustaining.
About Motsepe Foundation Bursary Programme & Fields Covered
The Motsepe Foundation will be awarding bursaries within the following fields of study:
- Medical Studies
- Business Studies
Requirements For Motsepe Foundation Bursary 2019 / 2020
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Achieved a minimum average of 70% in Matric (excluding Life Orientation)
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying or intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institute within South Africa
- Excellent academic results
- Proven financial need
Closing Date: 15 September 2019
How To Apply For Motsepe Foundation Bursary 2019 / 2020
Download and complete the Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Please attach certified copies of the following documents:
All these certified copies must not be older than 3 months- Your documents can be certified at
the South African Police Services or the South African Post office
- Certified copy of Identity Documents of the applicant
- Certified copy of Identity Document of each household member including parents or legal guardian.
- Certified copy of your latest academic transcript or exam results.
- Acceptance letter from university
- Certified or official recent payslip, letter of employment, not older than 3 months for each parent or your legal guardian. This is for all types of employment or all forms of income for all members of the household. This includes any income received from SASSA grants, Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF), or any retirement, life, disability or other benefits paid as a lump sum or in monthly payments.
- Certified copy of a SASSA letter if any of your family members are receiving a social grant and are contributing to your household income.
- If your parents or your legal guardian works as an informal trader, please provide an affidavit signed by them to confirm this employment (This information will be verified by the Motsepe Foundation)
- Stamped and signed letter from the headmaster confirming the financial circumstance or need for financial support or a letter from a social worker confirming financial need and social circumstance of the pupil to be sent directly to Motsepe Foundation by the teacher or social worker.
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Motsepe Foundation Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).