Mintek: Bursary Programme 2020
Mintek is a proudly South African provider of metallurgical engineering and mineral processing products and services, founded in 1934. They are the countries national mineral research organisation and one of the top technology organisations across the globe.
The companies 10 technical divisions include: Biotechnology; Mineralogy; Minerals Processing; Hydrometallurgy; Pyrometallurgy; Analytical Services; Advanced Materials; Mineral Economics & Strategy; Measurement And Control Solutions and Small Scale Mining & Beneficiation
About Mintek Bursary:
Mintek will be awarding bursaries for Masters and Doctoral studies into the applications of reinforcement learning within Metallurgy.
Students will be required to conduct applied and theoretical research into the use of reinforcement learning in metallurgical processes and metallurgical plants, at Mintek and at their university.
Mintek Bursary Coverage & Selection:
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, meals, accommodation, a textbook allowance and a laptop allowance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview and write a psychometrics’ test – if you have not received any feedback within 1 month of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Mintek Bursary Requirements:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Completed an undergraduate Engineering degree
- Excellent academic record in one of the following engineering sectors: Chemical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Metallurgy Engineering
- Studying towards a Masters or PhD degree qualification, with focus on reinforcement learning within metallurgy
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- Have formal exposure to software development (preferably in Python)
- Have conducted research in reinforcement learning, deep learning or machine learning (advantageous but not essential)