Position: Logistics Internship
Country: South Africa
City: New Germany
Job Number: 1904669
Dow is offering great business career opportunities in a global and international environment. It also offers Internships as a way for young professionals to get introduced to the company, and for the company to identify potential talents. Dow currently proposes an Internship in the EMEAI Integrated Supply Chain & Logistics Department to be based in New Germany, South Africa.
The Supply Chain department in South Africa focuses particularly on all supply chain and logistics related activities for Southern Africa.The current internship position form part of the Integrated Supply Chain Department and is aligned across all businesses within Dow. During the  months of the internship, candidates may participate to (and/or lead their own) projects in the areas of International Trade Operations, International Trade Compliance, and Local Logistics Operations by:
- Facilitating road shipments in South Africa.
- Involvement in all International Trade Compliance activities for South Africa, which includes, but not limited to, all customs interactions, duty saving projects, HS tariff classifications, applications and approvals for import and export permits, interactions with various government agencies
- Engagement on operational and strategic tasks with the freight forwarder and other logistics service providers
Interns will also be offered the possibility, under the guidance of senior members of the Logistics team, to participate to, and take the ownership of, relevant parts of larger projects for various Dow Businesses over the whole EMEAI region.
Duration of the internship: 12 months
During the internship, participants will be offered the possibility to:
- Demonstrate and develop their skills in supply chain, international trade operations, international trade compliance, six sigma project activities, networking, KPI reporting, supply chain vendor management, reporting and presentations
- Get Coaching and Mentoring from experienced colleagues
- Explore and gain understanding of, a variety of Dow businesses, industries, markets, customers, and of the sales and marketing functions at Dow
- Get exposure to experienced sales and marketing professionals
- Get experience of work in a global environment
Completed Bachelor Degree, preferably in Supply Chain. Please upload your academic transcript with your application.
Proficiency in English is an essential prerequisite. Good communication skills (face to face and virtual, verbal and written) are needed, and will be further developed during the internship; the ability to operate in a diverse environment, and as part of virtual/remote teams, is essential.
Candidates are expected to be self-motivated, self-directed while staying focused on the objective, fast learners, independent contributors with a strong taste and ability to cooperate and share, creative problem solvers with a clear orientation towards results and actual implementation/realization.