Hatch: Engineering Internship Programme 2020
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, ZA
Requisition ID: 29668
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Our organisation is passionately committed to the pursuit of a better world through positive change. We embrace our client’s visions as our own and partner with them to develop better ideas that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative.
Our global network of 9,000 professionals work on the world’s toughest challenges. Our experience spans over 150 countries around the world in the metals, energy, infrastructure, digital, and investments market sectors.
We are actively recruiting Mining Engineering Graduates to join our Graduate Programme in 2021.
We constantly think of new ways to get things done across all our sectors, because shifting the status quo creates positive change for not just our family of employees but also for the communities and clients we serve. We’re inclusive and collaborative no matter where in the world we are. You are part of a community at Hatch, one that fosters career growth and education, and where entrepreneurship is key to success.
- A challenging career steered by you!
- You will be encouraged to be the best version of yourself with many opportunities to pursue work in Mining & Metals, Energy, Digital, or Infrastructure sectors.
- Have the benefit of formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry.
- Have the opportunity to gain project experience in South Africa and around the world.
- Collaborate with different people across a multitude of cultures around our global organisation.
- Work in an exciting environment where you can use your Engineering degree in your choice of traditional sectors or emerging, innovative and evolving industries.
- Participate in local Professional Development Programs.
- You must be a South African citizen.
- You must be a final year student studying towards a BSc or BEng in Mining Engineering at a recognised Tertiary Institution.
- Or you must have completed your BSc or BEng in Mechanical Engineering at a recognised tertiary institution and have less than 12 months working experience.
- You must have maintained an average academic achievement of 65% or above.
- Be flexible to work in any province within South Africa.
You must be in possession of and attach copies via this application form of the following:
- South African Identity Document
- Complete transcript of tertiary academic record
- Comprehensive CV
You will have the following traits:
- Self-starter attitude
- Collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Intellectually curious and innovative
- Comfortable initiating new ways of getting things done
- Love to learn and willing to explore new ventures
- Persistent and resilient
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Critical and creative thinker and problem solver, who brings forward solutions for our clients’ toughest challenges
- Strong sense of community and is aware of one’s impact on colleagues and the larger team
- Adaptable and embraces change
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities at school or in the community
How To Apply:
Please ensure that all required documentation is submitted to avoid your application being disqualified
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.