Gilbarco: Vehicle Technician
Operating Company: Gilbarco
Category: Sales, Marketing & Service
Location: Pietermaritzburg, Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa
Job Schedule (FT/PT): Full-Time
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Requisition Number: GIL006587
DEPARTMENT: Retail Technical KZN
REPORTING TO: Technical Manager – KZN
- Own Vehicle Necessary
- Willing to do after hour callouts
- Willing to travelling long distance when needed
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The prime objective for the Vehicle Technician is to ensure that service and maintenance calls for fuel vehicles attended and completed within set SLA’s
• Calls are resolved first time of attendance
• Ensure that quality of work done is exceptional at all time, maintain housekeeping.
• High level of professionalism is maintained
• Provide detailed information on the Job card
• Report on incident and near misses
• Ensure that safety compliance is adhered to at all times
• Ensure that safe driving is practiced at all times including but not limited to: Over speeding, usage of cellular phones while driving, seat belts etc.
• Ensure that proper PPE is worn at all times
• Ensure all calls are completed on time and all calls are closed on time on the system
• Ensure relevant paperwork Job cards are submitted on time on a daily basis
• Ensure van stock is maintained and used stock is booked out of the van stock and replenished at all times
• Provide feedback to the office where required that you communicate effectively when delayed ect.
• Provide support to other team members as and when required
• Share technical knowledge with fellow team members by providing on the job training to junior and assistant technicians
• Project offices
• Other internal departments
• Shared Services Team
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (INDICATORS):
• 98% Calls competition within SLA Times
• 100% Feedback/communication to Schedulers
• Ensure that quality of work done is exceptional at all time, housekeeping is maintained.
• High level of professionalism is maintained at 100%
• Arrive on site on time at all times at 100%
• 100% Accuracy of information on the Job card and all paperwork
PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Matric with at least N2 in electrical, mechanical or electronic
- At least 2 years working experience as an Auto Electrician / technician.
• Proficient computer skills
• Accuracy, efficiency, and reliability are key skills to be successful in this position
• Ability to communicate quickly and effectively both written and verbal
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES & BEHAVIOURS:
Utilises Critical Thinking – Thinks through and analyses complex problems, challenges and drives to root cause.
Listens & Responds to Customers’ Needs – Demonstrates deep understanding of customer expectations and end user needs.
– Dedicated to exceeding customer expectations.
Solves problems – Looks beyond the obvious symptoms to uncover their underlying root cause (5 Whys).