Gibela Bursary Programme 2020
Gibela, a joint South African and French railway rolling stock manufacturer, was established as an association between Ubumbano Rail, Alstom and New Africa Rail. Within the fully black-empowered company, Alstom currently owns majority shares of the company and control 61%, while Ubumbano Rail controls 30% and New Africa Rail 9% stakes.
In 2013, Gibela was assigned with the task of replacing old metro fleet with a new modern service. Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (PRASA) instructed them to deliver into the South African rail network, 600 modern commuter passenger trains, over the course of 10 years.
About The Bursary Programme:
Gibela bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain
- Logistics Management
More About The Bursary Programme:
The bursary programme is administered by Career Wise, who are responsible for accepting, scanning and shortlisting candidates. Shortlisted students must attend a panel interview assessment and final selection will be made by Gibela.
Bursaries are granted for one year at a time and are renewed each year based on academic performance.
The bursary will provide full coverage of study related expenses, including tuition fees, prescribed textbooks, accommodation and meals.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying OR intend on studying towards a full-time undergraduate qualification within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying OR intend on studying at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa
- 1st and 2nd year students are encouraged to apply
- In financial need
- Strong academic record
- Achieved a minimum level 5 for English in Matric
- Achieved a minimum level 6 for Accounting, Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric
Closing Date: 29 November 2019
How To Apply:
Applications must be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: Click Here For Gibela Bursary Programme 2020
(You will need to register an account and then login to complete your application)
………………………………………………….. OR …………………………………………………………………………………..
2) Submit copies of the below documents via email or fax:
Fax: 086 609 7183
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation – if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile, if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Latest Matric results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance to study at an accredited tertiary institution
- Full academic record to date, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Career Wise directly:
Tel: 086 100 8777 / 086 100 7787