Fraser Alexander: Estimator
Fraser Alexander: Estimator
Job Title: Estimator
Salary: Market Related
Contract Type: 12 Months Fixed Contract
Location: Benoni, Gauteng, South Africa
About Fraser Alexander:
Founded in 1912, Fraser Alexander has grown from humble beginnings to become a key player in the South African mining industry and in selected global locations.
Fraser Alexander is a leading supplier of Mining services which include: Minerals Processing, Construction and Tailings. A solid and well-respected brand in the mining services area is looking to attract key talents to add to its existing pool of highly sought after professionals.
Estimator Job Specification:
This position exists to win profitable projects with current and new clients and meeting or exceeding strategic and financial objectives. An estimator is responsible for the oversight of the estimating process for all projects bid and awarded within the Construction division of Fraser Alexander, and will establish standardized procedures, methods, and processes.
- Assigns responsibilities for estimating team on each project.
- Evaluates, and estimates all project tenders and budget proposals and maintains the CCS master
- Reviews project plans and specifications and coordinates with the team to confirm the complete scope.
Technical and Reporting:
- Leverage prior experience regarding the performance of back-end environmental estimating involving relevant systems in order to favorably position Fraser Alexander.
- Create estimates and develop critical path schedules.
- Evaluate labour productivity and installation schemes.
- Provide expertise and experience to problem solving, operational and marketing challenges.
- Develop and oversee an analysis of the past performance on projects and establish estimating standards for all future estimates based on such analysis.
- Assist in oversight of the historical cost database and bid management and estimating software.
- Review general conditions, schedule, scopes of work, hoisting plans, site logistics and other exhibits as prepared by Sites. Pricing of change impacts as required.
- Ensures the flow of project information is maintained and documented
Compliance and Effectiveness:
- Manages tender finalization process in line with EXCO requirements and governance.
- Perform constructability reviews, analyze budgets and project costs.
- Lead the procurement of subcontractors and materials for the purpose of the tender.
- Maintains and communicates data on construction and material cost trends affecting project costs.
- Analyze alternate means and methods to determine the most economic alternative
Estimator Job Requirements:
- A minimum of a relevant Engineering degree or advanced diploma or equivalent
- 5 to 10 years experience in the Construction/Engineering field
SKILLS, QUALITIES AND ABILITIES:
- Financial management and control
- Networking and motivational skills
- Conflict management
- Negotiation Skills
- Computer Skills
- Communication Skills
- Building Relationships
- Numerical skills
- Analytical skills
- Management skills
- Project Management skills
Closing Date: 05 November 2020
How To Apply:
More Recent Vacancies At Findmycareer, Click Here