Ecolab Trainee Service Specialist
Job ID: R00089473
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Join Ecolab’s team as a Service Specialist in Johannesburg, South Africa and help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier. We’re growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world’s most vital resources.
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments.
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth.
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best.
What You Will Do:
- To liaise with the Service Manager and Lead Technician.
- To be conversant with, and observe the policies and procedures detailed in the “You and Ecolab Policies & Procedures Manual”.
- To comply with the Ecolab Codes of Practice i.e. the personal rules of conduct, the Ecolab rules of conduct, the rules that satisfy the client and the safety codes of conduct.
- Inspect client’s premises thoroughly for any signs of pests, find out where they are hiding and where they travel, and where they may be getting in.
- Carry out the proper treatment for the pests covered for that client as listed on the treatment card.
- In the event of finding any other pests report to the client and to the branch office.
- If any cleaning or re-stacking or proofing is needed recommend it to the client.
- Carry out simple proofing measures.
- Carry out treatments in correct zone number order and follow the procedures laid down for the treatment for new contracts, routine service calls, and complaints.
- Leave a Service Report with the person to whom you regularly report.
- Complete the treatment cards and all other records correctly and at the proper time.
- Comply with special instructions laid down for certain clients.
- Ensure that your equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Should you be involved in an accident you will be responsible for the full excess. Should it be proven that you were not responsible for the accident, our insurers will try and claim the excess from the guilty party.
- In the event of you having a store that is used for Company preparations, you must ensure that it is maintained in a secure and weatherproof condition, that preparations are stored correctly and good stock rotation is practiced, and poisons are kept in a securely locked cupboard or box.
- Report twice per day to your Service Manager.
- Application to such studies and courses of Training as may be necessary.
- You have two years to qualify with the PCSIB (Pest Control Service Industry Board), this includes Modules 1 – 9 (Structural Pest Control) and module 17 (Fumigation).
- Structural – P certificate
- Self-driven and results oriented.
- Excellent skills in MS Office (Excel and PowerPoint)
How To Apply: