Distell Events Internship Programme
Reference Number: 15934
Location: WC, South Africa
Company: Distell Limited
Applications are invited for the above mentioned position based at Techno Park. The successful incumbent will report to the Media, Sponsorship & Events Manager.
On successful completion of the programme, interns can apply and will be considered for any relevant vacancies in the business at the time.
Purpose of the Position:
The intention is to give practical work experience to students and/or those recently graduated but unemployed and require exposure in a work environment. Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract commencing 1 February 2020 and terminating 31 January 2021.
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to the following:
- Relevant Qualifications in Marketing / Events
- Minimum 1 year within in Events or similar background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and perform under pressure.
- Ability to work in cross functional groups within the business unit.
- Results and goal orientated, always able to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn and make a difference.
- Computer literacy – Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Driver’s License and own transport is essential.
- Successful interns will be expected to enter into a 12 month contract.
Role and responsibilities:
- Manage scheduled equipment allocation per event to ensure conformance with brand objectives
- Manage timelines for set up of all activities associated with each event and develop staff schedules
- Provide pre and post events analysis within 4 weeks of events
- Establish communication protocol and operating procedures with stakeholders to ensure policy adherence
- Build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders that deliver desired results
- Relevant communication, behaviour and actions resulted in a high level of credibility, trust and respect across stakeholder groups
- Manage theft, damage, losses at events ensuring minimal cost incurred
- Creative input and implementation of new and trendy ideas for brand execution and activation
- Responsible and accountable for every project
- Committed and reliable
- Willingness and ability / availability to travel
Prospective interns must submit the following:
- Covering letter/ Letter of motivation.
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- Certified academic record.
- Certified copy of Grade 12 certificate.
- A letter from the tertiary institution.
- A format for evaluation, required by the tertiary institution.
- Certified copy of identity document.
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za/careers
Closing Date: 07 August 2019
How To Apply:
Click Here To Apply For Distell Events Internship Programme