Daimler: Specialist Product Development & Marketing Passenger Car
We currently have an opportunity for a Specialist Product Development & Marketing Passenger Car to join our Marketing Team reporting to the Manager Marketing Communication & Product Management.
To develop, grow, maintain and support the Mercedes-Benz Financial Services South Africa Passenger Car Sales Division through harnessing strategic and tactical finance initiatives and the marketing thereof in compliance to the Company’s related Policies, Integrity & Anti Bribery Codes, Conflict of Interest Policy & S.H.E. requirements and to perform delegated S.H.E. tasks and duties & to inform superior about deviations.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Research & Analysis:
1.Assist in the implementation of the DFS strategy with a key focus on bringing the voice of the customer into the organization through research and analysis.
2.Continuous market and competitor research to
– Establish consumer requirements, habits and trend
– Ensure competitive price points in future campaign strategies
– Ensure Appropriate selection of marketing & communication tools
– Establish future finance product development opportunities
3.Identify potential conquest customers/segments and develop offerings to match their needs.
Sales Promotion and Data Analytics:
- Presentation of market research findings to the Brand Partner to garner support for targeted subsidized campaigns and new product initiatives.
- Formulate, promote & manage Passenger Car campaigns jointly with the Brand Partner to support the sale of more vehicles & market share growth of Mercedes-Benz Financial Services.
- Understand and apply Daimler Program Participation Guidelines to the campaign development to ensure mutually beneficial outcomes from subsidized campaign activity.
- Obtain controlling approval of all recommended deal structures to ensure profitability hurdles are being reached.
- Ensure IT system capabilities (activations, monitoring & reporting) in place for all sales promotional measures.
- Provide accurate and detailed finance and campaign reporting to various parties with the aim to promote sales and increase finance penetration.
- Proactively manage the Relationship with the Brand Partner & Dealer Network including ensuring participation and representation of MBFS at decision making forums and events.
Marketing & Strategic positioning:
- Develop & Implement a comprehensive Marketing strategy for Mercedes-Benz Financial Services (MBFS) in alignment to the
- Company’s strategic objectives and approved budget.
- Ensure full integration with the Brand in order to align with their strategy and objectives.
- Analyzing marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to measure the effectiveness of marketing efforts and help shape future marketing strategies.
- Manage all applicable promotional elements to enhance the internal and external positioning of MBFS in consultation with the MBFS Sales Teams and Dealer Retail Network.
- To co-manage the Integrated Customer Journey process with the Brand to ensure accurate information/ material is disseminated to customers.
- Actively coordinate with and manage in a key account capacity creative agencies to ensure the delivery of key project milestones, deadlines and outputs within approved budgets.
- Innovative and big picture thinking in line with the strategic objectives of Mercedes-Benz Financial Services
- Project Management and Self-development.
The ideal candidate will come from a Marketing background and have excellent communication skills. You will also have problem solving attributes, be well organized, have negotiation skills and be IT Literate. This role will suit someone who enjoys to apply strategic know how and offer comprehensive business solutions whilst working independently in a highly pressurized environment.
- Market Intelligence
- Business insight and understanding
- Relevant policies and procedures
- Knowledge of supplier contract content
- Product knowledge / Product lifecycle analysis
- Competitor analysis
- Events management
- Marketing knowledge
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Written & verbal communication
- Negotiation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Decision making
- Business acumen
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer orientation
- Emotional intelligence
- Strategic thinking
- Diversity intelligence
3 to 5 years’ Communications / Marketing experience within the automotive industry
- Matric/Grade 12 plus 3 year relevant qualification
- B Com Marketing degree/diploma would be advantageous
Mercedes-Benz Group of Companies South Africa is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered, however the following will apply:
- Foreign nationals must qualify for a work visa/permit as per the provisions of the Immigration Act 13, 2002;
- Division’s Employment Equity Plan in terms of the Employment Equity Act, No 58, 1998.
CLOSING DATE: 8 July 2019
How To Apply:
Click here to apply online for Daimler: Specialist Product Development & Marketing Passenger Car
Strictly no CVs will be considered sent via email.
The email address provided is only for queries on this specific requisition.
Organization : Mercedes-Benz Financial Services South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Primary Location : South Africa-Gauteng-Centurion
Work Locations : MBFSA-Wierda Road, Zwartkop 123 Wierda Road Zwartkop, P.O Box 10829 Centurion 46