Consol Glass: Mechanical Fitter – Kwanza Sands Minerals
Permanent Intermediate position
Athlone, Western Cape
Undisclosed cost to company
About the Position:
Responsible for self-tasks planning pertaining to safe work procedures and efficient repair, maintenance and rework of processing and conveying equipment.
Key Performance Areas:
- Responsible for tasks execution within the realm of the mines health, safety and environmental acts.
- Responsible for actioning scheduled and planned maintenance and completing required documentation.
- Perform standard engineering duties and maintains good mining engineering practices and standards.
- Willing to transfer to and acquire from the team required on site skills.
- Carries out functions as required by the Engineering Foreman.
- Grade 12 or technical equivalent.
- Fitter (Mechanical) Trade Test (Red seal) required.
- 5yrs in a mining/processing environment.
- Hydraulics, Pneumatics, power and hand tool skills (Basic engineering).
- Experience in slurry pumps, product conveying systems (hydraulics and mechanical).
- Must be prepared to work overtime and perform standby duties.
- Sense of urgency.
- High resilience.
- Team work.
- Problem solving and analysis.
- Result driven.
- Mechanical Fitter
- Fitter Trade Test
- Repair and maintenance
- Processing and conveying equipment
- Mines HSE acts
- Planned maintenance
- Mining engineering practices
- Power and hand tool skills
- Slurry pumps
- Product conveying systems
- Mining environment
- Processing environment
- Trade certificate (Mechanical Fitter)
Desired Qualification Accreditation:
- Grade 12 / Matric
How To Apply:
Click here to apply online