Colgate-Palmolive: Mechanical Engineering Graduate Trainee
Location: Canelands Verulam, NL, ZA
No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 74767 – Canelands Verulam, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Mechanical Engineering Graduate:
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer product company, focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, Soft soap, Irish Spring, Protex, Tom’s of Maine, Sanex, Ajax, Fabuloso, Suavitel, and Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet. Colgate-Palmolive is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineering Graduate trainee, based in Canelands. During the Training Program, the graduate will be exposed different core functions in the Mechanical Engineering discipline. The purpose of this position is for the incumbent to be trained as a qualified tradesman and to gain knowledge and experience as an artisan in Mechanical Engineering.
- To undergo a two year graduate program with focus in the following areas:
- Planning and implementing a maintenance program.
- Minimizing repairs and maintenance costs.
- Optimizing efficiencies and utilization of assets
- Reporting on KPI’s vs budget
- Leading maintenance teams to address areas of non-conformance or concern proactively and timeously.
- Planned maintenance program to ensure optimal operations efficiencies.
- Managing projects in the factory or work with a nominated project management specialist.
- Management of Environmental, Occupational Health and Safety (EOHS). .
- Building and equipment utilization is in accordance with risk, security, safety, health, HACCP and ISO22000, 14000, 18000 standards.
- Supervision and assigning maintenance work to contractors and ensuring clear allocation of responsibility and accountability.
- Implementation of cost saving initiatives within the Maintenance Department where these do not impact on long term business sustainability.
Essential Skills/ Attributes:
- 3 years Mechanical Engineering National Diploma
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a maintenance environment
- Possess knowledge of Mechanical, electrical and quality control processes
- Possess knowledge of Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, coordination of people and production methods
- Have experience of Equipment maintenance program principles and practices
- Have Project management experience
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
How To Apply:
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can click here to apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.