City Property: Center Manager
City Property: Center Manager
Job Title: Center Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Industries: Facilities & Property Management
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
About City Property:
City Property Administration (Pty) Ltd is a residential and commercial property management company that has been operating since 1968 with their headquarters in Pretoria and a supporting office in Johannesburg. City Property transforms buildings and injects fresh vitality into our inner cities. We provide sophisticated, modern, and cosmopolitan retail spaces, offices, warehouses, and apartments that ensure that those who live and work in the CBD enjoy the best South Africa’s cities have to offer.
Center Manager Job Responsibilities:
The Commercial Property Management Department in Johannesburg has a position for a Centre Manager. If you believe you meet the requirements for this position then we would appreciate your application.
- Increase the revenue base of the center by engaging/participating in marketing and leasing activities in order to conclude new deals and expanding existing tenants.
- Ensure budgeted renewal increase targets are achieved.
- Meet with prospective tenants to show premises for the purpose of letting, explain terms of occupancy, and provide information about local areas.
- Ensure that renewals are negotiated and finalised well before the expiry date.
- Manage monthly tenants according to agreed KPA targets.
- Ensure that vacate inspections and any reinstatement is finalised in set time frames with the assistance of the Tenant Installation department where applicable.
- Responsible for incurred operating expenses.
- Upgrade pre-agreed tenants to center standard with the assistance of the Tenant Installations department.
- Maintain the quality of the center and, where required, improve the quality through effective maintenance applications.
- Effectively manage the teams to ensure costs are reduced.
- Ensure the accuracy of documentation when preparing leases.
- Where necessary, propose projects to improve the center and, where approved, participate in site meetings as required by the Project Manager.
- Be knowledgeable about the status of any projects which may be ongoing in the center.
- Build and maintain relationships with the tenant base.
- Ensure tenants are trading in accordance with their leases.
- Monitor the trading densities of tenants and encourage marketing initiatives or other improvements where appropriate.
- Conduct daily building inspections (refuse area, parking, entrances, cleanliness, etc.).
- Ensure that vacant units are in lettable condition.
- Manage the on-site security, cleaners, and parking to ensure the effective running of the center.
- Complete and submit all relevant reports timeously.
- Assist Credit Controller in managing arrears.
- Prepare the annual budget for approval and monitor on an ongoing basis.
- Manage expenses and achieve budgeted Net Property Income targets.
- Prepare for, attend, and participate in meetings with superiors to report on various Property Management and Leasing functions.
- Develop staff and ensure the application of relevant HR and other appropriate policies.
- Attend to any administrative tasks which may be required to fulfill Centre Management function.
- Address all internal and external customer queries effectively and professionally (whether such queries are logged on the CRM or not).
- Ensure that vacating tenants are vacated timeously both physically and on MDA.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
- Achieve and maintain a good working relationship with the immediate team as well as broader CPA team members.
Center Manager Job Requirements:
- Matric qualification required.
- 3 Year business/property (e.g. BSC Property Studies) related degree preferred
- Estate Agencies Affairs Board Competency Certificate (NQF Level 4) required.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in the Property and Retail Management required.
- Driver’s license required.
- Estate Agencies Affairs Board Examination passed
- Sales and lease negotiation skills.
- Basic knowledge of credit control principles.
- Conflict management skills.
- Financial acumen.
- Basic knowledge of technical maintenance.
- Time management skills.
- Good knowledge of market trends – e.g. competitive rentals, new developments etc.
- MS Office:
oMS Word – Basic
oMS Excel – Basic
oMS Outlook – Basic
- Knowledge of MDA preferred
- Basic knowledge of the following legislation preferred:
oHealth and Safety Act
- Able to manage media and publicity.
Closing Date: 15 October 2020
How To Apply:
More Recent Vacancies at Findmycareer, Click Here