Canyon Coal: Engineering Learnership Programme 2020
Canyon Coal is inviting applications from suitable and interested individuals who would like to join the company’s Engineering Learnership Programme 2020.
As a coal exploration, mining and processing group, Canyon Coal, (or just Canyon) operates a number of processing plants and collieries in the Gauteng and Mpumalanga provinces. In addition, the company also heads different exploration projects within South Africa.
Canyon’s operations currently include the Khanye, Hakhano, Ukufisa and Phalanndwa Collieries. The Hakhano Colliery produces export-grade bituminous coal in Middleburg, Mpumalanga, as well as Phalanndawa Colliery (in Delmas) which produces bituminous coal for local consumption. The Ukufisa and Khanye Colliery, both in Gauteng, also produce bituminous products for the local and export market.
Through the years, Canyon has expanded its operations by way of various acquisitions and equitable partnerships in order to acquire strategic resources to boost its existing operations while establishing new ones.
The Canyon Coal Engineering Learnership Programme is designed for students who have recently completed their matric qualification and recent high school graduates who wish to gain more knowledge that will allow them to make sound and informed career decisions. More importantly, the learnership programme offers school leavers an opportunity to acquire a trade qualification in their chosen field of study.
In order to qualify for this leadership, applicants must be able to meet the following conditions:
- A citizen or naturalized South African citizen
- Must already be an active student pursuing a recognized qualification at a South African tertiary education institution which accredited and registered with the Council for Higher Education
- A school leaver interested in acquiring a trade qualification
- Recently completed Grade 12 with science and math (2015-2018 graduates) with a 70% GPA
Fields Of Study:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Diesel Mechanic
- Fitter and Turner
The selection of candidates will depend on academic performance. Canyon Coal has an internal committee that will be convened to make the final decision on who will be joining the learnership programme.
How To Apply:
Prepare and attach the required documents listed below:
- ID documents of student and family breadwinner (certified copies)
- A certified true copy of your June exam results (December results to follow once available)
- A certified true copy of breadwinner’s latest payslip (if currently employed)
- If self-employed, breadwinner’s balance sheet (certified copy)
- If the parent, guardian or spouse is unemployed, a sworn affidavit indicating such status is required
- If no family member is formally employed, the source of income must be stated (e.g. seasonal employment, hawking)
Make sure to read and follow the instructions carefully on the application form when filling it out.
Download The CanyonCoal_ApplicationForm_Learnership_2020 Application Form
After completing the form, submit along with the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about the learnership, send your questions via email to email@example.com.
Tel: +27 11 783 7996