NERSA: Bursary Programme 2020
The National Energy Regulator of South Africa (NERSA), a regulatory authority, is responsible for regulating the electricity, piped-gas and petroleum pipelines industries within the country. The Energy Regulator includes of 9 members, include part-time and full-time members, and is supported by personnel under the direction of the CEO.
ABOUT THE NERSA BURSARY PROGRAMME:
NERSA is offering bursaries to students interested in pursuing career within the energy sector and intend on studying towards a Masters or Mid-PHD Degree qualification.
Bursaries will be awarded in fields of study that are in line with NERSA’s regulatory mandate (including: the regulation of the electricity, piped gas and petroleum pipelines industries).
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and prescribed books.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Completed an undergraduate degree or diploma qualification
- Accepted to study towards a Masters or Mid-PHD Degree
- Accepted to study at a registered University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Excellent academic record
- Strong potential for academic success
- From a previously disadvantaged group
- Proven financial need
- Household income of not more than R350 000 per year
- NOT in receipt of any other bursary funding
CLOSING DATE: 10 January 2020
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Energy Regulator of South Africa
Human Resources Department
PO Box 40343
3) Hand delivery:
526 Madiba Street
NB: Please mark your application for attention: Ms Lena Rankhumise