City of Johannesburg EMS Bursary Programme
About The City of Johannesburg EMS (Emergency Management Services):
The Emergency Management Services (EMS) are a vital part of any city – the Johannesburg EMS are the organisation that residents turn to in cases of emergency. The City of Johannesburg EMS include emergency and firefighting staff who attend to around 250 000 calls per year, to help save lives and property.
The EMS have 28 base stations, Johannesburg being one of the largest emergency services units in Africa.
About The EMS Bursary Programme:
The City of Johannesburg EMS will be awarding 20 bursaries to Johannesburg-based students, pursuing their studies within the following fields:
- Fire Technology (National Diploma: 3 years) (at Tshwane University of Technology)
- Emergency Medical Care (National Diploma: 2 years) (at the University of Johannesburg)
- Emergency Medical Care (Bachelors Degree: 4 years) (at the University of Johannesburg)
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Prescribed textbooks and or study materials.
NB: Shortlisted applicants will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Between 17 and 25 years old
- Permanently reside in Johannesburg
- Good academic record
- Achieved a minimum “D” symbol for Science and Mathematics in Matric
- Studying full-time towards one of the aforementioned undergraduate qualifications
- Studying at Tshwane University of Technology or the University of Johannesburg
- Physically fit
- Proven financial need
- Total household income of no more than R15 000 per month
Closing Date: 29 November 2019
How To Apply:
Click Here To Download Bursary Application Form or Collect Bursary Application Forms From:
- City of Johannesburg Customer Service Centre’s.
- Reception Area, Ground Floor A-Block. Metropolitan Centre,Braamfontein (opposite the Civic Theatre)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Hand delivery:
Public Safety Headquarters (Martindale)
Braamfontein Metro Center
3) Hand delivery to one of the following Fire Stations:
Alexandra/ Berea/ Diepsloot/ Dube/ Eldorado Park/ Florida Park/ Ivory Park/ Jabulani/ Orange Farm
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the City of Johannesburg Emergency Management Services directly:
Contact Person: Lufuno
Tel: 011 222 8081