BP: Transport Operations Supervisor
Location: South Africa – Western Cape – Cape Town
Job ID: 108264BR
Job category: Operations Group
Relocation available: No
Travel required: No
Job profile summary:
The Specialise Product Supervisor (SPS) is responsible for ensuring safe and an efficient bulk delivery service with the aim of satisfying customer expectations, minimising costs, complying with BP HSSE requirements (practice, policy and standards) and adhere to relevant legislation. In particular, the SPS:
- Ensures delivery of the right bulk fuel to the right place at the scheduled standard time, safely every time.
- Ensures availability of fit for duty Bulk Vehicle Operators (BVO) & fit for purpose bulk vehicles to implement secondary transport delivery schedule for every shift.
- Proactively communicates with Air BP, Transport contractor, Air BP customers, centralised order takers & schedulers.
- Administers all applicable secondary transport controls to fully account for bulk fuel within agreed tolerances, order capturing and fulfilment.
- Ensures contractor’s compliance to Driving Safety Standard, OMS 3.7 and all regulatory requirements. Manages contractor performance holding regular contractor performance reviews at defined intervals. Super user for TMS system.
- Ensures that tags are issued to all competent BVO’s loading out of the facility.
- Ensures that all fit for purpose Bulk Vehicles are captured in relevant systems and manages their ongoing compliance to load out of the facility.
- Ensures that all incidents are captured, investigated timeously and lessons learnt shared with all teams. Ensures 5 star Drivecam rating at all times.
- Ensures that C-Track, Tachos, OVC’s are completed correctly all the times.
- Perform statistical analysis on secondary transportation performance.
- Engagement with staff on regular basis.
- Resource planning and sharing of the plan with all teams to ensure demand is met at all times as per the Transport Model.
- As team leader, leads, motivates and directs the activities of a team of BP and Contractor BVO’
- Encourages a culture of operational excellence within secondary transport operations by positively influencing key indicators in transport efficiency, HSSE and customer satisfaction towards “best in class”
- Drive actual shift performance versus transport plan through key performance indicators, having periodic reviews and coaching to optimise results or to effect consequences where needed
- Ensures compliance with BP policy, controls & standards, as well as legal requirements and effects consequences for non compliance
- Champions HSSE as a personal value among BVO’s to ensure HSSE is promoted in terms of both actions and decisions to prevent accidents and harm to people or the environment
- Ensures BVOs update all registers (attendance, own use register, pump back, returns, contractor, toll card, occurrence book) on an accurate and timely basis
- Ensures that BVOs complete their daily bulk vehicle and maintenance checks to make sure that loads are properly verified for grades and quantities, that outlet valves and dome covers are sealed where necessary, and meter tickets and trip sheets are signed
- Drives security management policy (C-Track, fuel loss, response to panic alarm, sealing of trucks, zero tolerance to threats and weapons)
- Manages risks and undertakes root cause analyses in the event of an incident
- Appropriately conduct Briefing and Debriefing sessions to confirm assurance on the trip:
- Briefing sessions: complete briefing form, trip declaration form, physically conduct a random check of the truck and complete FLT1 form.
- Debriefing sessions: check delivery documents, highlight issues of losses and gains, Left on Truck (LOT) or returns, analyse TACHO graph and risks on the road.
- Diploma or post matric qualification in appropriate field.
Experience (years and nature)
- 3 – 5 years appropriate working experience.
- Supervisory/Leadership experience will be an advantage.
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world’s ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.