BME: Shift Artisan
BME: Shift Artisan
Job Title: Shift Artisan
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Fochville, North West, South Africa
Shift Artisan Job Specification:
- This position will be responsible for daily maintenance activities.
- The position is based at the BME Losberg plant in Fochville. This person would also be expected to carry minor electrical work as and when required
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Artisan (Trade Test)
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in plant maintenance as an Artisan.
- 2 years demonstrated maintenance experience in a production / explosives environment
Shift Artisan Duties:
- Attend to all breakdowns
- Responsible for all daily routine equipment inspections.
- Responsible for installing and commissioning of small projects.
- Carry out all planned maintenance schedules for the plant in liaison with all stakeholders.
- Provide support to production to ensure that all maintenance work is consistent and of a high quality.
- Reduce plant stoppages, breakdowns.
- Ensure the highest level of workmanship is maintained when maintaining critical equipment.
- Attend to all breakdowns and callouts (Standby duties apply)
- Adhere to safety standards and procedures
- Maintenance of PLC’s and field instrumentation (Level, pressure, temperature and flow)
- Occasionally assist with electrical work when necessary.
- Extensive knowledge in the maintenance of centrifugal pumps and positive displacement pumps (Progressive cavity, gear pumps) would be an advantage.
- Electrical ability • Troubleshooting (Fault finding)
- Extensive knowledge in the maintenance of VFD’s general plant switchgear, process machinery including pumps, compressors and boilers.
- Knowledge of PLC’s and field instrumentation
- Knowledge of the SANS 10142 electrical regulations
- Proficiency in MS office
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Good analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of ERP systems
Closing Date: 13 October 2020