The Learning and Development Consultant’s primary role is to support and implement role specific training and development requirements across Relationship Banking. Focus is on specific areas of knowledge or on-the-job capabilities needed for certain positions. Implementation planning of learning to the target audiences using a variety of methods including face to face facilitation, WebEx, digital or e-learning. This role consults with internal clients to address learning/ upskilling needs and requests, creates and manages projects end to end resulting from RBs specific needs. Creates and facilitates the end to end delivery of learning content in response to any learning changes that arises across Relationship Banking.
Job Number: 90233075
Understand business requirements to effectively deliver appropriate solutions aligned to organisational and business strategy as well as Absa Group Learning governance.
* Provide input into new Learning and Development needs and potential solutions for Relationship banking based on gaps identified.
* Support the design and development of solutions with alignment to the internal catalogues on the Learning Management System (LMS).
* Provide subject matter expert (SME) input where third party providers are required.
* Ensure collaborative relationships with team, Group L&D and or/pan-African Academies.
* Provide input into solutions aligned to 70:20:10 and Blended Learning Design principles with a strong focus on innovative technology based solutions where appropriate.
* Manage all aspects of the learning project to ensure that it is planned appropriately to ensure smooth and effective delivery to the target population
* Engage with Regions to understand their baseline roll out plan for Business as usual training (BAU) and take ownership of training coordination going forward.
* Analyse the target population per region to develop a detailed rollout plan (i.e. number of workshops required for either BAU, Project, Learnerships etc.)
* Allocate learners to the respective workshops, as per their requested allocation and ensure that the groups are not too large and at the same time ensuring the availability of sufficient workshops that are being conducted in the regions to afford delegates in any specific area to stagger their attendance of workshops.
* Analyse the capacity tool to determine the availability of facilitators in relation to productivity and skill to secure an available facilitator to deliver the intervention. Consideration in terms of distance travelled, cost etc. need to be considered to ensure cost effective delivery. Share best practices on approach used with others nationally.
* Obtain details of the facilitators that will be used for the respective workshops, by liaising with the external provider, and update the workshop schedule accordingly
* Monitor learner registrations against planned events and co-ordinate and prioritise Events in conjunction with the Regional Learning Heads.
* Communicate no/low registrations on learning interventions, 10 days and 5 days, before an intervention and communicate to the relevant stakeholders
* Use The Learning System to follow up on training that was requested (emails, telephonically, etc.) and not taken-up.
* Address any queries relating to training needs received via the Pre delivery generic inbox (by all stakeholders).
* Engage with Regional Learning Heads and Regional learning Administrators to keep them informed of events,
* Forecast and compile the annual training rollout all BAU training relating to products and any other learning initiative within RB
* Actively engage with external vendors to secure their commitment for external training delivery for all learning initiatives in their portfolio
* Maintain all records and reports pertaining to all training initiatives across RB
* Calculate and compile the report presenting the monthly cost of venues which are hired out to stakeholders external to RB and forward consolidation to Business Management
* Attend to all training related queries ensuring resolution or escalate for resolution to relevant role players in value chain.
* Prepare a schedule of the number of workshops that will be conducted on a monthly basis, per module, for the duration of the learnership/ skills programme, based on the numbers of participants in the respective regions, taking line’s business continuity requirements into account.
* Manage all post delivery aspects of the implementation of the learning projects via the regional learning infrastructure – but maintain ownership of ALL aspects of the learning delivery to the end learner
Tracking and Reporting:
* Document and action training delivery risks and issues via a monthly progress report. Track and report on the progress of agreed corrective actions and the subsequent due dates.
* Track all training plans against agreed training initiatives per Region per project
* Provide all MI and reports pertaining to every project in their portfolio
* Provide PMO (for Project Training) and DRPs (for BAU Training) with feedback based successes and challenges experienced during training rollout
* Communicate weekly training report to Head of Learning
Evaluation for Business Impact:
* Create a measurement framework which provides fact-based evidence to show how L&D affects performance, behaviour, and business strategy.
* Communicate and gain support for the evaluation plan.
* Manage data collection.
* Analyze and interpret data.
* Apply learning analytics.
* Make recommendations to aid decision making in the interests of continuous improvement.
* Establish and maintain effective internal and external stakeholder relationships to ensure that you are capable of creating effective learning material and are able to deliver it effectively
* Engage with stakeholders to clearly understand the business needs and are able to create effective training plans and ensure e2e accountability for delivery thereof
* Implement Level 1-3 assessments and analyze the results from these post solution implementation at a time pre-agreed with the business.
* Ensure quality management of training delivery through embedment of industry-aligned good practices.
* Create an atmosphere of enablement through positive relationships with all levels of stakeholders through the appropriate management of their expectations against agreed objectives.
* Display influencing and negotiating skills.
* Solve problems creatively and effectively.
* Implement project activities in line with pre-agreed project milestones.
* Support business stakeholders with the provision of performance consulting and advisory support.
Education and experience required:
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce and Management Studies (NQF level no. 7) or industry-related.
* 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar environment, in business or in a learning and development environment
* Experience using e-Learning software such as Captivate, preferred.
* Appropriate industry specific qualification/accreditation (e.g. Insurance for Insurance trainers, wealth for wealth trainers). (preferred)
* Experience with Long Term Insurance/ Short Term Insurance/ Wealth and Investments/ Financial Planning and Trust products and processes.
* Experience in Sales and Customer Service experience a plus.
Knowledge and skills:
* Knowledge of and practical application of Adult Learning Theory and instructional design
* Excellent communication, oral, and written skills.
* Analytical skills to uncover root cause and develop improvement initiatives.
* Strong project management, excellent time management skills and must be detail oriented.
* Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, process facilitation a plus.
* Deciding and initiating action
* Learning and researching
* Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
* Relating and networking
* Adapting and responding to change
* Persuading and influencing
* Creating and innovating
* The appointment will be made in line with the Absa Employment equity strategy
* Preference will be given to South African Citizens and Permanent residents of South Africa with proof of permanent resident status
Closing Date: Not Specified
How To Apply:
Only online applications are allowed, Click here to apply online