Avbob: Group Scheme Consultant
Avbob: Group Scheme Consultant
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
Location: East London, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Job Functions: Sales
AVBOB, Africa’s largest mutual assurance society providing a one-stop funeral insurance and burial solution, has a vacancy for: Group Scheme Consultant.
Group Scheme Consultant Responsibilities include:
- identifying and understanding issues, problems and opportunities, comparing data to draw conclusions, using effective approaches for choosing course of action thus ensuring 80% of agreed production target is achieved.
- Ensure and monitor compliance with respect to FAIS/FICA and all other relevant legislation
- Makes procedural or process suggestions for achieving goals, provides necessary input or assist to remove obstacles and to accomplish goals.
- Recognize issues, problems, or opportunities and determines whether action is needed.
- Analyse the organisation and own portfolio to identify key relationships that should be initiated or improved to further the attainment of goals.
- Provide appropriate information and make sure the Administrator understands.
- Address the unique needs and preferences of key decision makers at the Administrator.
- Setting up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage ongoing activities with regards to Scheme lapse.
- Grow the production according to budgeted targets.
- Planning and supporting the development of Administrator skills and abilities so that they can fulfill current or future expectations more effectively.
- Identify and contract new Administrators and group schemes brokers.
- Monitor progress by giving brokers specific feedback on their performance related to negotiated goals; highlights key positive and negative performance issues; adjust plans to ensure development.
- Set up ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage administrator business.
- Selling, influencing and persuading Administrators, to sell AVBOB Group Schemes
- Monitor Administrator’s performance.
- Identify risks, monitor and measure risk against risk appetite, risk mitigation strategies and risk reporting.
- Developing, planning and organising established courses of action to ensure that work is completed efficiently, ensuring production must grow with 20% and all activities must be planned.
- Control internal business processes
- Present AVBOB Group Schemes to Groups / Administrators – deliver presentations that suits the characteristics and needs of the Group/Administrator.
- Plan and recommend the implementation of a life insurance strategy and activities consistent with overall aims and requirements of the organisation and according to an agreed development strategy.
- Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between AVBOB Administrators and Life office departments or organisations to help achieve business goals.
- Ensure that customers are happy with the service offered and a detailed communication plan is executed
- Identify opportunities and build strategic relationships
- Handle clients’ complaints and queries
- Develop and expand markets
- Facilitate the development of sustainable relationships.
- Build repeat sales through strong customer relationships by focusing on customers’ needs.
- Perform administrative duties.
- Have matric (Grade 12) and/or tertiary education
- Must have a RE5 certificate
- Fit & Proper) as prescribed by the FAIS act
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3 years’ experience in the insurance industry
- Drivers license
Technical and Behavioral Competencies:
- Negotiation skills are critical.
- Presentation skills
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Closing Date: 06 July 2020
How to Apply: