Avbob: Business Intelligence Vacancy 2020
Avbob: Business Intelligence Vacancy 2020
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
AVBOB, African’s largest mutual assurance society provide a one-stop funeral insurance and burial solution, has a vacancy for a Business Intelligence Analyst Developer in their ICT Department.
IT – Information Technology
- Performing detailed analysis of source system data and model that data in Qlikview / Qlik
- Designing, developing, and testing Qlikview / Qlik Sense scripts to import data from multiple
- Developing, enhancing, re-engineering, maintaining and supporting Qlikview / Qlik Sense
applications to meet customer requirements.
- Effectively visualizing data in Qlikview / Qlik Sense applications (dashboards) to address
- Design Business Intelligence delivery approaches using Dashboards, Alerts, Queries, Reports,
- Ensuring that the Qlikview / Qlik Sense applications and server processes continue to run and
operate in the most efficient manner.
- Extracting, transforming and loading (ETL) data from multiple sources into Qlikview / Qlik Sense
- Ability to adhere to both Waterfall and Agile software development methodologies.
- Monitoring and maintenance of all components that make up the Qlikview / Qlik Sense platform,
including databases, software, user applications and hardware design.
- Driving the adoption of standards and governance to ensure AVBOB’s Qlikview / Qlik Sense
platform remains stable, reliable, and secure for all users.
- Participating in a collaborative work environment, across both ICT and the business.
- Interacting frequently with business owners/stakeholders to gather requirements and business
data rules for new development projects and assist in defect resolution during testing, etc.
- Analyze and document business processes to create functional specifications, and translate
requirements into feasible technical specifications that fulfil the end-user requirements and align
to business data strategies.
- Document and communicate technical specifications to ensure that proper and optimized
techniques, queries, data standards and final deliverables are understood and incorporated into
data and analytics processes.
- Understanding of Big Data concepts.
- Provide training and documentation for supported applications.
- Assist developers and DBA’s with troubleshooting and offer suggestions for development
- Automation of data mining / retrieval, as appropriate.
- Provide operational support, bug fixes and performance enhancements as part of providing
support to Qlikview / Qlik Sense applications in the production environment.
- Analyze alternate States and What-if-Analysis to provide custom functionality in Qlikview / Qlik
Sense applications and offer hands-on experience on Set Analysis and Link table.
Avbob Business Intelligence Requirements:
- EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE POSITION:
Minimum 5 years solid experience with Business Intelligence modelling and development in
Qlikview / Qlik Sense dashboarding and reporting.
- Minimum 2 years SQL experience.
- Experience in developing and architecting Qlikview / Qlik Sense solutions in an enterprise
- Experience in sourcing data from disparate systems with a good understanding of their data
models and ETL processes.
- Extensive experience with database systems and data modelling.
- Experience administering Qlikview / Qlik Sense applications in Access Point / Sense hub,
utilizing admin tools to manage system parameters, bookmarks and shared files.
- Experience with Qlik Sense Visualization Extensions, Mashups, APIs, Web Integration
- Experience with Set Analysis, Section Access, Functions (Date, Time, Keep, Join, Mapping,
String and input fields), Parameters, Alternate States, Chart Box (Drill down, Drill up and Cyclic
grouping), List, Table Box, Master Calendar and Data Island.
- Experience with QVD / QVW capacity plans and estimates.
- Hands-on professional with thorough knowledge of scripting and data source integration.
- Well versed in deployment methodologies and processes utilizing Qlikview / Qlik Sense
- Publisher / Scheduler.
- Previous experience in Nprinting would be advantageous.
- Experience with Natural would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in SSIS, SSRS and SSAS advantageous.
- Knowledge on data warehousing concepts like Star schema, Snowflake scheme, Dimension
and Fact tables.
- Relevant working knowledge and experience in the insurance industry.
- Proven experience / knowledge with Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE POSITION:
- Skilled in both oral and written communications; contribute at meetings and capture
requirements as well as write documentation, specifications, procedures and process flows.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve problems in a production support environment and
possess analytical skills to effectively resolve technical problems, identify and implement
- Willingness to undertake assignments involving unfamiliar subjects, and possess an aptitude to
- Team player who contributes to team goals, encourages and supports team members.
- Customer focus.
Job Closing Date: 30 June 2020