Assmang Limited’s Beeshoek Iron Ore Mine, west of Postmasburg in the Northern Cape requires the services of:
- INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN
Ref no: BH 0186 (must be indicated on application)
- Grade 12 (Required);
- Trade certificate as Instrumentation Electrician (Required);
- National Higher Diploma Technicians T4S4 or Equivalent (Required).
EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Three (3) years mechanician or technician experience in a mining environment or automated processing plant (Required);
- Valid code B driving license (Required). REQUIRED
Basic Assertiveness Skills, Basic Self-Leadership Skills, Foundational Business Acumen, Basic Communication Skills, Basic Problem Solving Skills, Basic Conflict Management Skills and Basic Financial Management Skills;
Industrial Control Software, Microsoft Office and Production Performance Management Information System.
- Conflict resolution;
- Coordinate, implement, control and monitor change plans;
- Data integrity control;
- Identify improvement initiatives;
- Monitor instrumentation asset performance;
- Implementation of operational plans;
- Team planning;
- Instrumentation support services;
- Promote and assure adherence to SHERQ procedures;
- Implement compliance requirements;
- Asset care;
- Risk assessment.
The successful incumbent will be appointed subject to being certified medically fit as per the Mine Health and Safety Act 29/1996 and meeting the requirements of the Company’s Code of Practice – Minimum Standards of Fitness to perform work at a Mine. He/she may also undergo a psychometric assessment.
The abovementioned position is a C4 on the Patterson grading. The successful candidate that conforms to all said requirements and experience will be appointed on this grading. The successful candidate will be appointed on a 6 month probation period.
Remuneration will be based on a competitive all-inclusive flexible package.
Application close on: 24 May 2019 (13:00)
How To Apply:
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV’s to:
Fax: 086 731 6851 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Application Box at the Security Department.