A vacancy exists within the Continental Africa Region Operations at the Corporate Office in Johannesburg for a Financial Analyst.
Department: Finance – Continental Africa Regional Office
Location: 76 Rahima Moosa Street, Johannesburg
THE PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To provide direct output support to the Specialist Financial Analyst by:
- Quality direct financial analysis to understand what is happening in the business;
- Identifying trends;
- Ensuring data integrity and;
- Providing guidance and support to CAR mine sites with regards to financial analysis of past and future operating results that will ensure appropriate business decisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A university degree or professional qualification in management accounting;
- 3- 5 years’ experience within a mining and financial environment is essential;
- Expertise in HFM, SAP and TM1 will be an advantage;
- Analytical skills, analysis and interpretation of results;
- Attention to detail, methodical approach, precision and accuracy is fundamental to the position;
- Demonstrate an understanding of our business model, mining operations and processes;
- Practical experience in report writing and preparing month end reports and annual budgets.
- Prepare monthly management accounting reports for Continental Africa Region (CAR) depicting production and costs, with variance analysis to identify opportunities for improved cost management;
- Undertakes financial feasibility analysis, evaluations or business projects and advise on the optimisation of resources and profitability of projects;
- Review, interpret and use the data contained in management accounting reports and models that are submitted by the various CAR mine sites;
- Develop, implement and maintain standardised financial analysis templates for CAR;
- Design management accounting standards through documented position papers for mine site utilisation and ensure consistency in application and adherence;
- Provide guidance and support to CAR mine sites regarding financial analysis of past and future operating results that will ensure appropriate business decisions;
- Make recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies;
- Coordinate and facilitate finance presentations and training sessions to further improve the health of discipline;
- To coincide with the annual business planning cycle, compile cost information to be used in operating budget preparation and liaise with budget owners to obtain inputs in preparation of a consolidated operational budget report to management;
- Supporting the administration and monitoring of the CAR budgeting and actual performance variance report preparation and facilitating the quarterly review;
- Applies principles of management accounting to analyse cost behaviours and prepare reports for strategic decision making;
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required in support, development and improvement of the financial function e.g. review of cost allocations; contract & purchase order follow ups with procurement, general enquiries and cost code maintenance etc.;
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required for compilation and analysis of financial and operational scenarios in support of determining and analysing various outcomes for the applicable business unit.
- Intermittent travel to CAR sites will be required
Senior Financial Analyst
Salary will be in accordance with the AngloGold Ashanti Schedule of Salaries.
As AngloGold Ashanti we are committed to achieving our Mining Charter targets. Preference will be given to female applicants who meet the criteria.
Please complete the Internal Job Application Form (attached) and kindly inform your Line Manager, Manager once Removed and HR Manager of your intentions. Submit the signed Internal Job Application Form with your comprehensive CV via success factors by close of business on 20 May 2019.
Please note that applications should be submitted before close of business on 20 May 2019 and applicants not contacted within 31 days of applying, should consider their application unsuccessful.
HOW TO APPLY: