Work type: Full Time Permanent
Technical Solutions aims to provide a multidisciplinary Processing support function (routine and ad hoc specialist support) to the business. To do this it that must: mobilise the highest capability of people at the time required to undertake critical work on behalf of the support functions (BU/T&S) and/or core and execute assigned tasks (routine or ad hoc) according to scope, specification, standard and schedule
The purpose of this role is to perform routine mineralogical investigations involving characterisation and quantification of geological materials and process products.
For more information please refer to the attached role profile:
- Support the Section Manager-Routine Services to define and apply the required standards and specifications relevant to mineralogy routine services (Direct output, monitoring authority)
- Responsible for effective and appropriate use of equipment and facilities (QEMSCAN, MLA, XRD, Optical Microscopes, XRF, XRM)
- Prepare task assignments (defining context, purpose, quality, quantity and resources required) for projects demonstrating the relevance of the project to the operation.
- Responsible for the acquisition of accurate mineralogical data and high quality technical reports delivered on schedule and within budget ensuring client satisfaction (based on task assignment).
- Manage routine projects through close liaison with other members of the team.
- Set-up and perform high quality analytical runs and keep up to date with developments in the mineralogy industry.
- Ensuring timely completion of projects within agreed timeline.
- Continuously improve productivity of methods.
- Ensures that SHEQ issues are considered in all activities
- B.Sc. (Hons) in Mineralogy, Geology, Metallurgy or related Science.
- M.Sc. in Mineralogy, Geology, Metallurgy or related Science.
- Proven, related experience in the minerals or related industry. Time management critical to the role.
- Provides a consistent outstanding role model in relation to safety practices with a deep understanding of the importance of safety
Application close: 07 May 2019 South Africa Standard Time
How To Apply: