Anglo American: Marketing Internship Programme
Business Unit / Group Function: Marketing
Reference Id: REF556Z
Experience / Work Type: Entry Level / Graduate Trainee
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to join us on our Marketing Trader graduate programme.
Our Marketing Trader Graduate Programme will help you develop hands-on knowledge and experience in Sales Operations, Market Intelligence and Trading during your 3-year rotation.
Your rotation in Sales Operations will include:
- Support contract management and execution
- Support shipment execution and logistics planning
- Assist in preparation of the shipping documentations for payment negotiation
- Assist in maintaining the physical shipment files
- Assist in checking the trade finance related matters
Your rotation in Market Intelligence will include:
- Deliver market analysis in support of marketing, sales and trading activities covering the market, as a key input into commercial value generation
- Support commercial value generation by delivering market intelligence through the process that includes gathering, collating, filtering, analysing and interpreting market data and information
- Distilling forward looking market analysis support into a price view
- Providing analytical support to uncover price, geographical, timing and quality arbitrage opportunities which the trading team can action to generate additional value
- Contribute to tactical & strategic planning around future product options to take advantage of identified arbitrages
- Keep up to date with key developments in the industry by building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders and peers
- Produce the monthly & quarterly market analysis used as input into the quarterly outlook reports and performance reporting
Your rotation in Trading will include:
- Capturing and analysing market data from different exchanges
- Assist in developing a framework capable of predicting market movements (flat price, time spreads, product spreads, market spreads)
- Preparing documentation required for brokers and/or banking hedging counterparts
At the end of your 3-year rotation you will have an opportunity to be considered for a Trader role.
- You have a degree in Business Studies, International Business, Finance or similar subject
- You are organised and are able to prioritise your work to meet deadlines
- You have proven analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- You are able to see the ‘big picture’ and take an objective view
- You have good interpersonal skills and a ‘can do’ attitude
- You have a strong ability to learn
- You are computer literate (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- You speak English at business fluency level
- You have the right to work in South Africa
Our Marketing Trader graduate programme will help you to establish a successful and real career in the mining industry.
Closing date: 15th March 2020
How To Apply:
NB: To apply for this role, you must click the link above to complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.