Amazon: Cloud Support Internship Programme 2020
Amazon.com, Inc. is seeking applications from qualified individuals who are interested in becoming part of this tech giant’s Cloud Support Internship programme in South Africa.
As one of the Big Four tech companies, Amazon.com is a multi-national conglomerate in the tech sector that specializes in e-commerce, digital streaming, artificial intelligence and cloud computing. It is also the largest online marketplace, cloud computing platform and AI assistant provider in terms of market capitalization and revenue.
Amazon is the world’s largest internet company and ranks as the second-largest private employer in the US and easily one of the most important companies in the world.
As an Amazon Cloud Support Intern, the successful candidate will be working with the global team of Amazon Web Services professionals as a member of the AWS Cloud Support group.
The duties and responsibilities of the AWS Cloud Support Intern include, but are not limited to:
- Work as a first line of expert technical support to various organizations from all across the world
- Perform user support tasks AWS clients for services such as S3, EC2, RDS and VPC
- Obtain valuable experience and hands-on training from Amazon Cloud Services
To qualify for the internship post, Amazon SA requires applicants to at least possess the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Must be an active Bachelor’s or Master’s degree student in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology
- Must have user level-proficiency in Linux (basic administration), troubleshooting, basic networking and internet fundamentals
- A keen interest in technology and serving customers
- Good background in web servers and web hosting concepts
- Capable of articulating technical issues and solutions
- Solid grasp of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Knows DNS and TCP?IP concepts
- Good understanding of relational database architecture
Amazon employs a simple yet reliable process in selecting suitable candidates:
- Online application
- Phone interview
- Personal interview
How To Apply:
Candidates who satisfy the above minimum criteria and wish to push through with the application process will need to create an account on Amazon.com’s jobs portal. Click here to set up the account and kick start the Amazon: Cloud Support Internship Programme 2020 application process.