Albert Einstein Scholarship Programme
About Albert Einstein Scholarship Programme:
The Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Programme (DAFI/Deutsche Akademische Flüchtlingsinitiative) has been providing scholarships since 1992 to more than 6000 qualified individuals worldwide. This program is financed by the Government of Germany, which has helped refugees pursue higher education.
DAFI scholarship covers annual registration/tuition fees, annual book allowance, monthly allowance to cover basic expenses during a semester.
DAFI scholarships are awarded for one academic year at a time and can be renewed according to scholar’s academic results as well as the availability of funds.
StudyTrust will conduct monitoring for DAFI beneficiaries at least twice every year to observe their academic performances as well as to take appropriate action if needed.
- Valid refugee permit/section 24
- Secondary school completion with above average results
- Proven financial need and inability to support tertiary education
- Below 35 years old for undergraduate studies and below 40 years old for Master’s studies
- Full time students and already accepted at a public institution
- Not a holder of any other scholarship or funding programs
- Applicants with specific need or disability will be given priority
- Students who discontinued their education due to flight but has proof of previous university/college studies in their country of origin are urged to apply
- Higher consideration will be given to students who choose shorter and less costly courses (with high chances of employment) from government institutions
NB* Due to financial constraints, the number of scholarships is limited. Only a limited number of candidates amongst those who meet the criteria can be selected. Qualified applicants who are not selected to join the programme are encouraged to take initiatives for identifying alternative sponsorships.
Closing Date: 31 October 2019
How to Apply:
Complete the application form and submit as indicated on the form. Supporting documentation such as previous educational records, a copy of valid refugee permit, letter of admission from a government institution will be required to accompany the DAFI application form.
Only qualified shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Shortlisted individuals will be invited for an interview by the panel. List of successful applicants will be made available at the StudyTrust office and other partners’ offices.
Submit only the Scholarship Application Form (pages 5-15 of this packet) and required supplementary documents.
Submit complete application materials to the designated address before or on the due date.
Send application documents via email to: email@example.com or Submit paper-based documents in an envelope with your name on the outside to: StudyTrust, 10B Clamart Road, Richmond, Johannesburg
Tel: 011 482-1501
Fax: 086 567-5604 / 086-563-7495
Email: info@StudyTrust.org.za / firstname.lastname@example.org