Job Title: Instrumentation Technician
CONTRACT TYPE: Regular
Location: Saldanha, South Africa
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3,5 million customers and patients.
Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902.
Air Liquide’s ambition is to lead its industry, deliver long-term performance and contribute to sustainability.
Air Liquide places diversity at the heart of its activities and is committed to promoting professional equality and employment for people with disability.
Missions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure instrumentation equipment reliability through scheduled inspections and pro-active actions
- Ensure all statutory and Air Liquide prescribed safety instrumentation inspections are completed and up to date
- Plans, directs, and records periodic instrumentation testing, and recommends or initiates modification or replacement of equipment which fails to meet acceptable operating standards
- Inspect instrumentation systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Ensure e instrumentation equipment reliability through scheduled inspections and pro-active actions.
- Ensure all Safety and instrumentation inspections are completed and up to date.
- Ensure quality procedures are followed and documentation completed.
- Ensure IMS procedures are implemented and maintained as per procedure
- Ensure instrumentation plant defects are completed and signed of in the agreed time.
- Responsible for the spare parts strategy.
- Ensure reliability and availability of plant by carrying out maintenance to minimize unplanned downtime
- Ensure plant availability of 99.7% and higher for Saldanha as per contractual agreement.
Competencies and Profile:
- Qualified Instrumentation Trade
- Minimum N5 Instrumentation qualification
- 5 Years Air Separation plant experience
- Sound Instrumentation knowledge
- Analyzer knowledge
- PLC knowledge
- Scada systems knowledge
- Fault finding
(LV faultfinding experience will be an advantage)
How To Apply:
Click Here To Apply Online For Air Liquide: Instrumentation Technician