Location: Gauteng, South Africa
AECI Limited would like to appoint an unemployed Learner to train in a Chemical Operations (NQF 2) qualification. The Learnership period will be of 12 months duration. The training will involve both Chemical Operations theory and a practical component at various AECI operations in the Gauteng area.
AECI is a South African-based explosives and specialty chemicals company focused on providing products and services to a broad spectrum of customers in the mining, manufacturing and agricultural sectors. The company has regional and international businesses in Africa, South East Asia, the USA and Australia. Other markets of interest are in Latin America. AECI offers an inspiring environment where passionate, dynamic, and ambitious people can develop their full potential. We seek motivated people who are eager to seize every opportunity for professional advancement through continuous learning.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Attendance of theoretical classes at the AECI Training Centre situated at Chloorkop for a period of approximately 6 weeks.
• Undertake Plant Operator experiential training within a Chemical Plant environment.
• Undertake Shift work and/or Overtime duties as and when required.
• Achieve competency in all relevant NQF Level 2 Unit Standards and compile a Portfolio of Evidence in support of this qualification.
• Must be able to commence with the learnership on 1 July 2019
Qualifications & Experience:
• Grade 12 or equivalent qualification with Mathematics and Physical Science / Chemical Engineering S4.
• South Africa youth.
• Ability to work within a Chemical Plant environment.
• Basic computer literacy would be an added advantage.
• Communication skills
• Team Work
• Attention to detail
Closing Date: 03 May 2019
How To Apply: