ACT: COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING COORDINATOR
The Arts & Culture Trust (ACT), South Africa’s premier independent arts and culture funding and development agency based in Johannesburg seeks to fill the position of Communications & Marketing Coordinator to be part of a dynamic and visionary team.
- Degree in Communication and/or Marketing or any other relevant degree (NQF 7)
- Min 3 years of marketing / digital experience
- Tech-savvy and very computer literate
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Can generate digital content (Illustrator / Indesign, Photoshop skills)
- Confidence to update the website using an admin console (WordPress experience advantageous)
- SEO & Adwords experience advantageous
- Experience with marketing reporting including ROI
- Experience controlling corporate identity
- Experience in a wide variety of facets of communication, including media liaison, corporate identity management, commercialisation, events management and liaison with external interest groups
- Experience in web-page development and maintenance, design of marketing material, newsletters, and the creation and management of corporate branding
- Experience in the creation and management of an online presence (including social networking)
- Advanced computer literacy, with specific reference to MS Windows, Office and Project, and the ability to learn other applications used in language technology
- Sound administrative and organisational skills, and the ability to function effectively under pressure and to meet pre-set deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of public communications, public relations, and marketing guidelines
- The ability to work as part of a team and adapt to the work method of the team, as well as to work independently
- The ability to prioritise, manage and complete several tasks simultaneously
- Good communication skills, presentation abilities as well as creative problem-solving abilities
- Manage company’s social media channels and media communications (write content for social media pages)
- Engage in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Manage, maintain, administer and update Trust’s websites
- Assist in developing all brand-aligned digital artwork for social media and websites from concept to the final product
- Assist with creation, conception and presentation of social media strategy and integrated marketing campaigns
- Assist with Creation, Conception and presentation of all internal and external communication documents.
- Act as a spokesperson for the Trust when needed
- Manage the Trust’s E-mail database
- Optimise content following search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Liaise with media and write press releases
- Writes and distributes e-newsletters
- Identify marketing materials that need to be updated, acquired, developed (brochures, banners, flyers)
- Liaise with marketing material suppliers and designers and ensure contracted work is supplied as contracted
- Compile presentations for marketing plans and analysis
- Collect statistical data for marketing projects; e.g. pre and post-campaign analysis
Successful candidates will have to be available to start on 1 April 2020.
Closing Date: 14 February 2020
How to Apply:
Interested individuals who meet the requirements are invited to send a concise CV to the email email@example.com.
Reference, ITC and Criminal checks will be conducted. Should you not hear from The Arts &
Culture Trust within 30 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.