Anglo American Career Opportunities: Miner
Job Number: 730849
Business Unit / Group Function: De Beers Group
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Site: Venetia Mine
PURPOSE AND ROLE:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the position of Miner: responsible for controlling the relevant mining process by the optimal utilisation of people and equipment to achieve stipulated targets in accordance with the mining plan.
He/ she is accountable for:
- Coordinating and monitoring the relevant mining activities to ensure adherence to mine standards and operational targets.
- Planning activities in accordance with the mining plan and allocating resources as required.
- Coordinating shift hand over at the beginning of the shift by checking relevant documentation, the required physical mining activities and communicating tasks to team members of the relevant mining crew.
Please refer to the attached job description for further information:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (Education & Experience)
- Grade 12/ Std 10/ N3 or relevant NQF level 4 qualification
- Blasting Certificate for Underground Hard Rock / Equivalent Qualification
- Required classification as per VTS(Dover) testing for the role
- Minimum of 3 years underground mining experience of which at least 1 year must have included the supervisory skills of planning, organizing, leading and controlling
Knowledge and experience of:
- Underground mining practices and related operations environment
- Safety, Health and Environmental Legislation and standards applicable to underground mining
- Code B Driver’s License
- Computer Literacy
- Successfully obtain a Red Ticket (Medical Fitness certificate) to work underground
- Your consideration for employment is subject to your SAPS Criminal Record verification and qualifications verification.
- The incumbent will be required to work shifts.
- This position requires the incumbent to live in Musina / Blouberg and travel to Venetia Mine for work purposes.
For internal applicants, you are required to attain your immediate line manager and Head of Department signature on your application form.
Preference will be given to HDSA candidates and consideration will be given to the company’s Employment Equity Policy and Labour Plan.
Closing Date: 15 August 2019, 11:55 pm
How to apply:
Click here to apply for Anglo American Career Opportunities: Miner